Wednesday, June 27, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Powder and Stippling Brushes Review

I am sick today and i was a bit cranky earlier. Is it just me or i just want to feel extra taken cared of when i'm sick? Cause if it's just me then i am crazy, if not then thank God hallelujah i'm still sane lol

Anyway it's not that i really wanna blog about today, i wanna blog about 2 of E.L.F.'s Studio Line Brushes


They are 2 of my new brushes for my brush collection. They are gifts from my hubby. So before anything else, i want you girls to read the description from the website.

e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush

This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
-Creates a professional sculpted look
-Full coverage color
-Use for powder or blush for perfect contouring
*Vegan Friendly 


e.l.f. Studio Stipple Brush

This new antibacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. Studio brush! 

The layered bristles create a soft airbrushed look that's perfect for applying foundation or adding color definition to cheekbones or highlighting with soft layers. Use this brush with any liquid or powder face product such as foundation, blush or bronzer to build your coverage from sheer to heavy.

So! that's the description from the website! Let's see what i think!


The powder studio line brush is a sort of like a flat top brush! It's very dense and good for most stuff like buffing liquid and powder foundation, packing mineral foundation for more coverage, for bronzer and blushing! i love it! i mostly use mine for buffing my liquid foundation and using it with my finishing powder! I don't use it for contouring though since i have a different brush for that :P


The stippling brush is not dense as the powder brush is. I have never owned any other stippling brush to compare it with so this are just my first thoughts. It's kind of hard to use it since it's flimsy, i always thought/expected it would be a little more dense that that, it's  good for liquid foundation and for blushes. I've heard people using it with cream brush but since i am not so much a fan of heavy cream blush pots i don't really own one, well not just yet. I'll let you all know how it works once i get one.

For design, like the long black handle is so sophisticated. It kind of reminds me of Marrionaud brushes that i am crazy for, but that's another blog story lol. 

So basically given the circumstances that they are really cheap i love 'em! I'm going to hand it to e.l.f. that they do good brushes! Like most of their brushes are amazing! But for star categories i would give the powder brush 5/5 and the stippling brush a 3/5. I will be getting another powder brush for my purse and i will be looking for a new stippling brush, Sigma perhaps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment